Journey Community Church  

Friday, June 08, 2007

The Complete Blogging the Bible

This week marked the end of a Journey that took a little over a year and that covered hundreds of years and thousands of miles in the story of a nation. I'm talking about reading the entire Old Testament.

Every week David Plotz of Slate.com, a self described "proud though not terribly observant Jew", read through a section of the Old Testament and posted his thoughts as he read these words for the first time. It was this way that for a year I tuned in for my weekly trip through time into this book that we call the Bible and discovered the fascinating though often times quirky, and strange stories that are in our sacred book.

If there is one thing that we value here at Journey is experiencing the Bible in ways that we haven't before, and finding ways to engage the deeply rich narrative embedded in the pages of this book, and it is in that way that Blogging the Bible tapped into that very core and although I am sad that the series is over (although I'm crossing my fingers for a New Testament run), I am glad to say that it was a very enriching experience and one that I hope others get to be a part of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home